Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Your First Step

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

Ask Allah for your needs. Allah is the One who fulfills our needs. So, make the whole relationship between you and Allah. If Allah wants you to do something, you do it. Don't worry about people. People cannot add or subtract to anything. So, you put people in the background and you deal with everybody through Allah.

On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, Allah be pleased with both father and son, who said : One day I was behind the Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he said to me: "Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried." (Tirmidhi)

You make your first step towards Allah and then you turn to people. Asking people is just a means because Allah want you to do that. People cannot change a matter that is coming to you. So don't change what you are doing because people don't like it. This takes courage and patience. This courage and patience are fruits of your faith and trust in Allah.

"If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? In Allah, then, let believers put their trust." Qur'an AleImran 3:160

May Allah guide us. Ameen. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

1 comment:

  1. AS Salaamu Alaikum,
    Aisha, it's been awhile since we have spoken. due to my new career Islamic education and the secular public education, my time has been very utilized to the max. Now I'm preparing to move back to the East Coast in Baltimore, Maryland. I saw your postings which I have kept each time you send them and Allah helps me keep what i need from his Revelation so that I am able to cope with myself and others. This was a refreshing and much needed reminder of where I should be and who she be with me each step of the way. I miss you, and remind myself to keep you in my duas. Please give the boys my Salaams and tell them to continue to be complete and successful in their studies. Love you for the sake of Allah. Ramadan Mubarak now, if I forget to say it later.

    Wa Alaikum AS SAlaam wa rahmnatuallah
    Martha Syed

    ReplyDelete