Sunday, November 6, 2016

What Made Aisha Laugh?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

Out of the wives of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, two have received prominence above the others. The first was Khadijah (radhi Allahu anha), and the second was 'Aisha (radhi Allahu anha). Aisha was the most beloved person of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam).

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) sent `Amr bin Al As as the commander of the troops of Dhat-us-Salasil. `Amr bin Al- `As said, "(On my return) I came to the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam)) and said, 'Which people do you love most?' He replied, 'Aisha.' I said, 'From amongst the men?' He replied, 'Her father (Abu Bakr)'. I said, 'Whom (do you love) next?' He replied, "`Umar.' Then he counted the names of many men, and I became silent for fear that he might regard me as the last of them."

قَالَ فَأَتَيْتُهُ فَقُلْتُ أَىُّ النَّاسِ أَحَبُّ إِلَيْكَ قَالَ ‏"‏ عَائِشَةُ ‏"‏‏.‏ قُلْتُ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ قَالَ ‏"‏ أَبُوهَا ‏"‏‏.‏ قُلْتُ ثُمَّ مَنْ قَالَ ‏"‏ عُمَرُ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَعَدَّ رِجَالاً فَسَكَتُّ مَخَافَةَ أَنْ يَجْعَلَنِي فِي آخِرِهِمْ‏.‏

[Bukhari]

'Aisha (radhi Allahu anha) narrated a beautiful moment from the life of the Messenger (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam).

She tells us, “On one occasion the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) came to me with a cheerful face. I said, “O Messenger of Allah, supplicate to Allah for me.”

So the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “O Allah, forgive 'Aisha for her past and future sins in secret and in public.”

Elated, 'Aisha (radhi Allahu anha) was overcome with joyous laughter. She continues by saying, “I laughed so much that my head fell into the lap of the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) out of joy! The Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said to me: “Does my supplication make you happy?”

She said, “Why would your supplication not make me happy?” The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “By Allah, it is my supplication for my nation in every prayer.”

عَنْ عَائِشَةَ أَنَّهَا قَالَتْ لَمَّا رَأَيْتُ مِنَ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ طِيبَ نَفْسٍ قُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ادْعُ اللَّهَ لِي فَقَالَ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِعَائِشَةَ مَا تَقَدَّمَ مِنْ ذَنَبِهَا وَمَا تَأَخَّرَ مَا أَسَرَّتْ وَمَا أَعْلَنَتْ فَضَحِكَتْ عَائِشَةُ حَتَّى سَقَطَ رَأْسُهَا فِي حِجْرِهَا مِنَ الضَّحِكِ قَالَ لَهَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَيَسُرُّكِ دُعَائِي فَقَالَتْ وَمَا لِي لا يَسُرُّنِي دُعَاؤُكَ فَقَالَ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَاللَّهِ إِنَّهَا لَدُعَائِي لأُمَّتِي فِي كُلِّ صَلاةٍ

[Ibn Hibban]

May Allah increase our love for His beloved Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam), his family and companions. Ameen.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi wasallam.

And Allah knows best and is Most Wise, and He alone grants success, and to Him is the final return of all.

Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment