Monday, December 31, 2012

The Hand That Feeds

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.


Home sweet home with my kitty, our one and only pet. He is so cute but he is a big boy now. MashaAllah. I was afraid he might not remember me after being away for 3 months but he has been following me around and staying very close to me since my sons brought him back this morning from a friend's house who took very good care of him while we were gone. May Allah reward the family well and increase them in all good. SubhanaAllah, even an animal does not forget the hand that feeds. Now sound asleep on my lap, purring, I can't move my left hand which is cuddling him or I will disturb his sleep.

I have been looking for my 2 pots of aloe plant since yesterday. I had left the pots outside for the cleaning people to water the plants while while we were gone. Finally, with the help of my next door neighbor this evening, we found the pots buried under construction things, all dead except maybe one might make it. Inna lillahi wainna ilayhi raji'un. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.

I said to my neighbor, "They have killed a creation of Allah that glorified Him." "Yes, some people are ignorant," said my neighbor.

Our relationship with the animals and plants/trees should be one of love. We love the animals and plants/trees, and the entire universe for that matter, in view of their glorification of Allah.

تُسَبِّحُ لَهُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَ‌ٰتُ ٱلسَّبْعُ وَٱلْأَرْضُ وَمَن فِيهِنَّ ۚ وَإِن مِّن شَىْءٍ إِلَّا يُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِهِۦ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا تَفْقَهُونَ تَسْبِيحَهُمْ ۗ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ حَلِيمًا غَفُورًا

The seven heavens and the earth, and all beings therein, declare His glory: there is not a thing but celebrates His praise; And yet ye understand not how they declare His glory! Verily He is Oft-Forbear, Most Forgiving!
(Qur'an Al-Isra' 17:44)

Allah’s Messenger, Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: An ant had bitten a Prophet (one amongst the earlier Prophets) and he ordered that the colony of the ants should be burnt. And Allah revealed to him:” Because of an ant bit you that you have ordered a nation of the nations that glorify (Me) to be destroyed?” (Muslim)

May Allah forgive us. Ameen.

Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment