Saturday, July 12, 2014

Optimize Your Good Deeds This Ramadhan and Don't Play Around

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

The month of Ramadhan is moving away very quickly. Ramadhan is the month of fasting and Qur'an. This is a time to fast, recite and listen to Qur'an during taraweeh prayers and at other times. This is not the time to watch TV and leisure. Strive to optimize your good deeds and don't play around. Don't waste time.

Don't play with your prayers, Qur'an, fasting and du'as. People may think Ramadhan is a joke or some kind of game until they arrive before Allah Almighty in the Day of Judgment. No one will escape this Day. No one can say "I am busy, I'll join later!" or "I am tired!" or "I need to take break!" No such thing in the Day of Judgment.

On the Day of Judgement, when people will reach the position of misery, and some will be saddened and give up hope in some ways, and when all will cry 'nafsi, nafsi' (‘myself, myself’), including all the prophets from Adam to Isa (peace be upon them), only Prophet Muhammad al-Mustafa (sallalllahu alayhi wassallam) will say ‘ummati, ummati’ (‘my people, my people’).

We are not prophets of Allah and we need the intercession to save us from the terror of the Day of Judgment and get into Paradise. We need our fasting and Qur'an -- they will intercede for us by Allah's permission.

'Abdullah Ibn 'Amr (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The fast and the Qur'an will intercede for the servant on the Day of Judgement. The fast will say: 'My Lord, I restricted him from food and drink, so allow me to intercede for him.' And the Qur'an will say: 'I prevented him from sleeping at night, so allow me to intercede for him.' So they will be allowed to intercede." [Muslim]

Therefore, it is essential for the person fasting to recite the Qur'an much during these blessed days and honorable nights. For indeed, there is a special virtue for the abundance of recitation in Ramadhan, which is not found in any other month. We should take advantage of the nobleness of time during Ramadhan, in which Allah revealed the Qur'an.

It is reported that Jibreel used to meet with the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) during each night of Ramadhan and they would study the Qur'an together. [Bukhari, Muslim] So if making dhikr (remembrance of Allah) were better than the Qur'an or equal to it (on these nights), they would have done that all the time or at certain times along with constantly gathering for that occasion.

Take this opportunity to increase our Qur'an recitation and listening; strive to complete the Qur'an at least once before the end of Ramadhan, and make sure you complete your fasting this Ramadhan unless there is a legal excuse. The gates of Paradise are open in Ramadhan and there is a special gate for those who fasts, called Ar-Rayyan.

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam), who said:
The believers will gather together on the Day of Resurrection and will say: Should we not ask [someone] to intercede for us with our Lord?

So they will come to Adam and will say: You are the Father of mankind; Allah created you with His hand He made His angels bow down to you and He taught you the names of everything, so intercede for us with your Lord so that He may give us relief form this place where we are. And he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] – and he will mention his wrongdoing and will feel ashamed and will say: Go to Nuh, for he is the first messenger that Allah sent to the inhabitants of the earth.

So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] – and he will mention his having requested something of his Lord about which he had no [proper] knowledge (Qur'an Chapter 11 Verses 45-46), and he will feel ashamed and will say: Go to the Friend of the Merciful (Ibrahim).

So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that]. Go to Musa, a servant to whom Allah talked and to whom He gave the Torah (Taurat). So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] – and he will mention the talking of a life other that for a life (Qur'an Chapter 28 Verses 15-16), and he will fell ashamed in the sight of his Lord and will say: Go to Isa, Allah’s servant and messenger, Allah’s word and spirit.

So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that]. Go to Muhammad (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), a servant to whom Allah has forgiven all his wrongdoing, past and future.

So they will come to me and I shall set forth to ask permission to come to my Lord, and permission will be given, and when I shall see my Lord I shall prostrate myself. He will leave me thus for such time as it pleases Him, and then it will be said [to me]: Raise your head. Ask and it will be granted. Speak and it will be heard. Intercede and your intercession will be accepted. So I shall raise my head and praise Him with a form of praise that He will teach me. Then I shall intercede and He will set me a limit [as to the number of people], so I shall admit them into Paradise. Then I shall return to Him, and when I shall see my Lord [I shall bow down] as before. Then I shall intercede and He will set me a limit [as to the number of people]. So I shall admit them into Paradise. Then I shall return for a third time, then a fourth, and I shall say: There remains in Hell-fire only those whom the Qur'an has confined and who must be there for eternity. There shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said: There is no god but Allah and who has in his heart goodness weighing a barley-corn; then there shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said: There is no god but Allah and who has in his heart goodness weighing a grain of wheat; then there shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said: There is no god but Allah and who has in his heart goodness weighing an atom.
[It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah).]

Abu Hurayra said: The Prophet sallallahu alayhi wassallam said: There is for every prophet a prayer which is granted, but every prophet showed haste in his prayer. I have, however, reserved my prayer for the intercession of my Ummah on the Day of Resurrection, and it would be granted, if Allah so willed, in case of everyone amongst my Ummah provided he dies without associating anything with Allah. [Muslim]

So every time you think of going against a Sunnah this Ramadhan (e.g. taraweeh, spiritual retreat, etc), remember the Prophet's intercession, (Ummati, Ummati, Ummati - My People, my people, my people).

May Allah grant us mercy, forgiveness, steadfastness and accept our fasting and worship. Ameen.

Please keep us in your prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment