Friday, November 2, 2012

A Tremendous Mystery: The Soul

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

The soul is a tremendous mystery of the mysteries of the universe. The soul which can be elevated to the ranks to be truly dear to Allah, was only created to worship Allah. We interact with Allah through His Divine Eminence and through His closeness.

The only spirit within our bodies is only here so that we might know Allah and we know Him through His Beautiful Names and Attributes. His Names and Attributes are what govern everything in this universe. Knowing Allah in His creation is to know Allah in every moment and in every manifestation.

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him: "Worshiping Allah means knowing Allah."

Those who don't know Him and those who don't remember Him have only miseries because they have turned away from that very reason they are walking on this earth.

Those who are distant, absent, don't know him, don't recognize Him, are miserable and their lives are extremely constricted just like their souls are constricted.

Allah says,
وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِى فَإِنَّ لَهُۥ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكًا وَنَحْشُرُهُۥ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَـٰمَةِ أَعْمَىٰ ﴿١٢٤﴾ قَالَ رَبِّ لِمَ حَشَرْتَنِىٓ أَعْمَىٰ وَقَدْ كُنتُ بَصِيرًا ﴿١٢٥

And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind." (124) He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?" (125)
[Qur'an Ta-Ha 20:124-125]

O Allah, place light in my heart, light in my tongue, light in my hearing, light in my sight, light behind me, light in front of me, light on my right, light on my left, light above me and light below me; place light in my sinew, in my flesh, in my blood, in my hair and in my skin; place light in my soul and make light abundant for me; make me light and grant me light.

Ameen.

Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment