Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Losing Time of Intimacy with Allah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

The single most precious thing a human can have is his moments of closeness (the feelings of intimacy) with Allah. Time of intimacy with Allah passed you by when you could be intimate with Allah but you chose to be intimate with other than Allah.

Prophet Daud (alayhissalaam) was extremely diligent in worship. He used to stay up at night and perform prayers and fasted every other day. He is described in the Qur'an as being strong and endeavoring in worship and extremely merciful.

Prophet Daud cried a lot. So Allah revealed to him, "What is making you cry? If it is for fear of the Fire, I have give you safety from it; if is from hope for Paradise, I have given it to you; if it is the incident from the two opponents [as Allah mentioned in Qur'an Sad 38:22-24], I have pleased you. So what is making you cry?" So Daud increased in his crying. Daud said, "I am only crying because of what left me of the purity of that time. Please give it back to me." It was said to him, "No, O Daud, there is no way to return that time."

In other words, when the time has gone and if a person missed that time, he can't get that time back.

Prophet Musa (alayhissalam) asked, "O my lord, where can I find you?" It was answered, "With those whose hearts are broken for My sake."

May Allah grant us closeness and feelings of intimacy with Him. Ameen.

Please don't forget us in your du'as. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment