Saturday, February 8, 2014

Breezing Through The Day

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

When I am awakened in the morning, I thank Allah for giving me life after that short death, and for giving me another opportunity to fulfill the purpose He created me, and to repent for my sins.

AlhamdulillahiRabbil 'Alamin ([All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds)

Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah (I ask Allah's forgiveness)

Allahumma, Antas-Salaam wa minkas-salaam, tabarakta ya Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram. (O Allah! You are Peace and from You comes peace. Blessed be You, O Owner of Majesty and Honor)

True life is only Allah's, everything outside of Him is death. He is the One who gives life, He is the One who gives death, and to Him I shall return and be taken to task. He is Al-Muhyi (The Giver of Life), Al-Mumit (The Causer of Death), Al-Hakam (The Judge), Al-Hasib (The Reckoner), Al-Jami' (The Gatherer), Al-Awwal (The First), Al-Akhir (The Last), Az-Zahir (The Manifest One), Al-Batin (The Hidden One), Al-Baqi' (The Everlasting One).

I seek Allah's protection from the filth of sins, both outwardly and inwardly, and protection of my heart from slips and innermost soul from breaks. I ask Allah to hold my hand and make in each breath I take a step closer to His nearness.

Knowing that Allah is Al-Malik (The King, The Absolute Ruler), and Malik Al-Mulk (The Possessor of the dominion, The Owner of all), makes it easy to journey through my day. He has complete control of my destiny. He has already charted my life and there is no running away from it, no changing it. He knows what's best for me because He is the Creator, Al-Adhim (The Magnificent), Al-'Aliyy (The Highest), Al-Kabir (The Greatest), Al-Jalil (The Mighty), Al-Qawiyy (The Possessor of all strength), Al-Matin (The Forceful One), Al-Qadir (The Omnipotent, The Able), Al-Muta'ali (The Supreme One), Al-Wahid (The One, the All Inclusive, The Indivisible), Al-Majid (The Glorious, The Majestic One), Al-Quddus (The Pure One), Al-Warith (The Inheritor of all).

He is the best Wakil (The Disposer of Affairs) and the best Wali (The Protecting Friend). I rely on Him for everything and I put my trust in Him. By His Will, my day will be tranquil.

Allah is sufficient for me. He is Al-Hafidh (The Guardian), Al-Aziz (The Mighty), Al-Hakim (The Wise), Al-'Alim (The All-Knowing), Al-Aliyy (The Most High), Al-Kabir (The Most Great), Ar-Raqib (The Watchful), Al-Waliyy (The Governor), Al-Barr (The Source of all goodness).

I am not alone because He is not absent. He is closer to me than my jugular vein. He is Ash-Shahid (The Witness), Al-Khabir (The All-Aware), As-Sami' (The All-Hearing), Al-Baseer (The All-Seeing). He knows everything, sees everything and hears everything. Not even a black ant under a black rock that moves in a dark pitch-black night that He does not see and hear. I am at ease knowing that my Lord, Dhu-al-Jalal wa-al-Ikram (The Lord of Majesty and Bounty), has all magnificent Attributes.

,
هُوَ اللَّـهُ الَّذِي لَا إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ ۖ هُوَ الرَّحْمَـٰنُ الرَّحِيمُ ﴿٢٢﴾ هُوَ اللَّـهُ الَّذِي لَا إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْمَلِكُ الْقُدُّوسُ السَّلَامُ الْمُؤْمِنُ الْمُهَيْمِنُ الْعَزِيزُ الْجَبَّارُ الْمُتَكَبِّرُ ۚ سُبْحَانَ اللَّـهِ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ ﴿٢٣﴾ هُوَ اللَّـهُ الْخَالِقُ الْبَارِئُ الْمُصَوِّرُ ۖ لَهُ الْأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَىٰ ۚ يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۖ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ ﴿٢٤

He is Allah, beside Whom Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the Al-'Alim (All-Knower) of the unseen and the seen. He is Al-Rahman (the Most Gracious), Al-Rahim (the Most Merciful.) He is Allâh beside Whom is Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) Al-Malik (the King), Al-Quddus (the Holy), Al-Salaam (the One Free from all defects), Al-Mu'min (the Giver of security), Al-Muhaymin (the Watcher over His creatures), Al-Aziz (the All-Mighty), Al-Jabbar (the Compeller), Al-Mutakabbir (the Supreme). Glory be to Allâh! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him. He is Allâh, Al-Khaliq (the Creator), Al-Baari' (the Inventor of all things), Al-Musawwir (the Bestower of forms). To Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the Al-Aziz (All-Mighty), Al-Hakim (the All-Wise).
(Qur'an Al-Hashr 59:21-24)

I ask Allah to give me knowledge of Him and make me learned of the realities of whom He loves. I turn to Him, not afraid of people, and conscious about using His gifts to do what He wants from me--listening, seeing, hearing, knowledge--striving to increase my knowledge of the world and knowledge of the workings of Him for His sake, calling others to Him gently and subtly, and drawing closer to Him. I surrender to His knowledge and destiny.

Allah is Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim, At-Tawwab (The Granter and Acceptance of Repentance, The Guide to Repentance), Al-Ghaafir (The Forgiver), Al-Ghafur (The Forgiver and Hider of Faults), Al-Ghaffar (The One who accepts repentance and veils or forgives our faults and sins, time and time again), Al-'Afuww (The Forgiver). I ask Allah to give me the ability to show kindness to my family and to those around me, no matter how rough and tough they are to me and how bad they may appear to be.

When things become difficult, I know that Al-Wadud (The Loving One) shows His love through tests and not by giving me everything I like and everything I want. I ask for His love and I ask Him to help me take the traits of people who love him.

Life is not without challenge but I am reminded of Allah, Al-Halim (The Forbearance), As-Sabur (The Patient One), Ar-Ra'uf (The Most Kind, The Clement). Being patient, instead of being angry, gives me control in situations where I have little or no control. I must remind myself that I cannot control others and I cannot control what happens but I can control my reaction to the circumstance. I must remind myself that I don't control all the variables in the world but Allah does. He is Al-Hakim (the All-Wise), Al-'Alim (the All-Knowing).

I turn to Al-Hadi (The Guide) and Ar-Rashid (The Righteous Teacher) to guide me on the right path. I turn to An-Nur (The Light) to illuminate my heart with His Light. I ask As-Sabur (The Patient One) to give me lots of sabr in avoiding what He doesn't want me to do and in doing what He pleases Him.

Walking on the streets, I am bound to encounter unpleasant sight, unpleasant smell, pollution, dead animals, garbage, and people who are unmindful of their manners. I am reminded of Ad-Daar (The Creator of the harmful and evil), Al-Nafi' (Creator of good and benefical). Knowing that Allah created everything, like in the words of a big imam, "Who are we to find this repulsive?" Allah is Al-Khaliq. I should look carefully at the mastery of His creation and not look down upon His creation. Through His creation, I can know Allah and see His mastery and His attributes. If it were not for this world, I wouldn't know anything about my Lord.

Knowing that Allah is Al-Razzaq (The Provider), it lifts me from worrying. The One who is responsible for my provision will take care of me. He is Al-Karim (The Generous), Al-Wahhab (The Bestower), Al-Latif (The Gentle, The Knower of Subtleties), Al-Ghani (The Rich One), Al-Mughni (The Enricher), Al-Muqit (The Nourisher), Al-Bari' (The Maker), Al-Musawwir (The Bestower of Form, The Shaper), Al-Barr (The Doer of good), Al-Fattah (The Opener), Al-Wajid (The Finder).

I turn to Al-Basit (The Expander, The Spreader, the One who gives without limit, and only gives what is good) for an increase in all good and expand my knowledge of Him. If Allah restrains things from me, it is because He knows what is best for me, and everything that come from Allah is good for me. I can show my gratitude to Him by spreading out in all pleasing matter and expanding myself to do everything good.

Allah is Al-Nafi', the One who brings benefit to His creatures. I return to Him to make me the means of giving to people and benefiting people. I ask Allah to give me the ability to thank Him for everything and to turn to Him for everything.

Allah is As-Samad (The Eternally Besought). He is the One who fulfills needs, and everything is in need for Him and He needs no one. I return to Him with vast desperate desires in all times and states and be a refuge for the needy to fulfill people's need.

Allah is Ash-Shakur (The Appreciative) and He rewards people in huge degrees for such a small action that they did and for their little obedience. I ask Allah to help me give back to people more than they give to me, repaying people's kindness and favors, think much of what people do for me, and talking about His blessings. I ask Allah to help me show my gratitude to Him by praising Him a lot and using His blessings to serve Him and not using His blessings to disobey Him. I ask Allah to help me humble before Him because no one pays back a good with more like He does.

I turn to Allah to help me in whatever He has chosen for me, surrendering to Him without complaining.

All His actions are beautiful.

Allah is the Possessor of every might and every majesty. All that is happening is according to His will. No one can outdo him. No one can escape His grasp. I don't need to get back at anyone because Allah will take care of everything. He is Al-Hayy (The All Living), Al-Qayyum (The Self Existing by Whom all subsist), Al-Muhsi (The Appraiser), Al-Adl (The Just), Al-Muqsit (The Equitable One), Al-Qahhar (The Subduer), Al-Matin (The Firm One, The Authoritative), Al-Qadir (The All Powerful), Al-Muqtadir (The Creator of all power), Al-Muntaqim (The Lord of Attribution, The Avenger), Al-Muqaddim (The Expediter), Al-Mu'akkhir (The Delayer), Ar-Rafi (The Exalter), Al-Mu'izz (The Bestower of honors), Al-Mudhill (The Humiliator), Al-Khafid (The Abaser), Al-Mu'id (The Restorer).

I ask Him, I beg Him. Allah has promised that He answers the suppliant when calls on Him, and He does not break His promise. He is Al-Mujib (The Responsive).

"And When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:186)

I may not know or realize that He answered my du'a but that is because of my shortsightedness, not because He didn't answer.

If He doesn't answer to my du'a exactly, He has His wisdom for it, and I should not despair. I ask Allah to make me among those who hear and obey His commands.

My limited human faculties are not able to comprehend the wisdom of the All-Wise behind what happens to me and to others, but knowing that He is in control and that I am His slave, I submit to His Will, hoping that He will enrich my humanity and enhance my obedience towards Him.

When my heart feels heavy with stress and sorrow, I remember the Almighty says:
وَقَالَ رَبُّڪُمُ ٱدۡعُونِىٓ أَسۡتَجِبۡ لَكُمۡۚ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ يَسۡتَكۡبِرُونَ عَنۡ عِبَادَتِى سَيَدۡخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ

"And your Lord says: 'Call on Me; I will answer your (prayer)..."
(Quran Ghafir 40:60)
فَٱذۡكُرُونِىٓ أَذۡكُرۡكُمۡ وَٱشۡڪُرُواْ لِى وَلَا تَكۡفُرُونِ

"Remember Me, and I shall remember you; be grateful to Me, and deny Me not."
(Quran Al-Baqarah 2:152).

I end my day by thanking Allah for laying the good for my family and me. I ask Allah to forgive my parents and have mercy on them and place them among His righteous servants. I ask Allah to forgive my family and me, and to protect us from the evil of the mankind and the jinn kind and make us His best slaves.

O Allah, if any of Your slaves have transgressed the rights You have prescribed to me, they are excused. I ask you to grant them and me the highest Paradise, and that You make us among its dwellers whom You have described in Your saying, وَنَزَعْنَا مَا فِى صُدُورِهِم مِّنْ غِلٍّ إِخْوَٰنًا عَلَىٰ سُرُرٍ مُّتَقَـٰبِلِينَ ﴿٤٧ (And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other.) [Qur'an Al-Hijr 15:47]

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَءُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ ﴿١٠

Our Lord, forgive us and our brethren who preceded us in faith and put not in our hearts [any] resentment toward those who have believed. Our Lord, indeed You are Kind and Merciful. [Qur'an Al-Hadid 59:10]

رَبَّنَا وَلَا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِۦ ۖ وَٱعْفُ عَنَّا وَٱغْفِرْ لَنَا وَٱرْحَمْنَآ ۚ أَنتَ مَوْلَىٰنَا فَٱنصُرْنَا عَلَى ٱلْقَوْمِ ٱلْكَـٰفِرِينَ ﴿٢٨٦

Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people." (286) [Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:286]

رَضِيتُ بِاللَّهِ رَبًّا وَبِالْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ نَبِيًّا

Radheetu billahi Rabba, wa bilislami deena, wa bi Muhammadin (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) nabiya.

I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as our Deen, and Muhammad as our Prophet.

If I don't wake up tomorrow I hope He accepts me into the best place next to Him among His elect.
يَا أَيَّتُهَا النَّفْسُ الْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ ﴿٢٧﴾ ارْجِعِي إِلَىٰ رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَّرْضِيَّةً ﴿٢٨﴾ فَادْخُلِي فِي عِبَادِي ﴿٢٩﴾ وَادْخُلِي جَنَّتِي ﴿٣٠

[To the righteous it will be said], "O reassured soul, (27) Return to your Lord, well-pleased and pleasing [to Him], (28) And enter among My [righteous] servants (29) And enter My Paradise." (30)
[Qur'an Al-Fajr 89:27-30]

Ameen.

And Allah alone grants tawfiq (success).

No comments:

Post a Comment