Monday, February 2, 2015

Du'a of a Mother

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

Salim ibn Ayyub was an eminent scholar of his time. His childhood was spent in Ray', where he learned how to recite the Qur'an under the guidance of scholars. He narrates: A scholar once asked me to recite the Qur'an and after much effort, I could not even recite Sarah Fatihah. It was almost as though my tongue was tied. The scholar then asked me, "Is your mother still alive?" "Yes," I replied. He advised, "Request her to make du'a' for you. Allah will grant you true knowledge and the ability to recite the Qur'an easily." I accepted his suggestion, and requested my mother to make du`a' for me. She complied with my request. When I grew up, I desired to learn Arabic and proceeded to Baghdad, where I studied for some time. I then returned to Ray. I had just completed inscribing a copy of Mukhtsar Al-Muzani and was double-checking it with a friend, when the scholar, who had advised me to request du'as from my mother, entered. He greeted us, but did not recognize me. He sat and listened to our discourse, but could not understand anything. In amazement, he asked, "Where have you learned all of this from?" I wanted to advise him to request his mother to make du'a' for him, but out of shyness, I refrained.

Salim ibn Ayyub taught and compiled many works in the field of jurisprudence, as well as a famous book of Tafsir. Many benefited from his knowledge. Ibn Subki says, "He was an exceptional scholar and none could surpass him. He became such an illustrious scholar, that only those erudite scholars, who were thoroughly grounded in knowledge and worship, could match him."'

Incidents of this nature strengthen the Iman (faith) of a believer in the greatness of Allah and the truth of Islam.

Fortunate are those who still have their parents and seek the pleasure of their parents and receive their du'as.

Mothers, why do we doubt that Allah will answer your du'as for your children?

Children, why do you feel difficult in understanding certain knowledge or memorizing Qur'an or doing certain good deed while your mother is beside you? Request her to make du'a for you.

May Allah enable our children to seek our pleasure while we are still alive and make them qurrata a'yun to us and the Ummah.

رَ‌بَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَ‌ٰجِنَا وَذُرِّ‌يَّـٰتِنَا قُرَّ‌ةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَٱجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

Our Lord, grant us from among our spouses and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous. [Qur'an, Al-Furqan 25:74]

Ameen.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi wassallam.

Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment