Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Compete in patience

BismillahirRahmanirRahim
Assalaamu alaykum

I pray that you are well.

يأيها الذين ءامنوا اصبروا وصابروا
ya ayyuhalladhina aamanu isbiru wa saabiru....
Qur'an AleImran 3:200

When I read this verse, I understand it in Arabic. No longer I see it as a bunch of words that I didn't even know where each begin and where each end as before. I felt the deeper meaning than what it is translated in English. It is an indescribable beautiful feeling to be able to recognize some of Allah's words! SubhanAllah!. This with little Arabic grammar and limited vocabulary. MashaAllah, la hawla wala quwwata illa billah. How tremendously beautiful when I have more grammar and vocabulary! May Allah make it easy for us to understand His Book.

Patience is a great virtue but what if the other side is also patient? Then we should be more patient than them. We compete in patience. This is a command from Allah. And it is for our benefit--should never run out of patience for the success in the Hereafter. This is what this verse mean to me. I am sure there is more to know about this verse but this is what I need to get me through today. And Allah knows best.

InshaAllah this will encourage you to rush to learn Arabic and increase your desire to read the Qur'an everyday.

For those who are joining the khatam al-Qur'an every 3rd Friday of the month, just a reminder that you should at least finished reading up to 21 chapters of the Qur'an. If you haven't, try to catch up before next Friday by reading more from now on. If you think you can't finished reading the entire Qur'an by yourself by next Friday, then share the reading among your family members or find your friends to share the reading. If you still can't do this, then keep reading as much as you can everyday and try to catch up next month. Make this intention. May Allah shower you with His blessings and reward you well for your efforts.

For those who are new to the distribution you may refer to this link for more info

http://journey2allah.blogspot.com/2010/01/completing-quran.html

http://journey2allah.blogspot.com/2010/01/reciting-and-bearing-quranour-monthly.html

May Allah keep us steadfast in our worship and forgive us for our sins. Ameen. Please remember me in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan

Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment