Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Global Warming

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

They say we all have skeletons in our closets. But my skeletons perhaps are a little different than yours. My closets are full of other people's skeletons and it's time to get rid of those skeletons. I don't want to live with them but I had no choice. In my profession I have to keep them for a certain number of years to comply with the law. I have been going through them for weeks but I am not finished! It seems like an endless task. The moment I opened them, the bigger it becomes! Allah help me! My house is starting to look like a disaster area with files and papers all over the place. It is cheaper to just take each skeleton and throw them but they are identifiable so I have to get a shredding company to remove them--I can't do it myself--the skeletons are too large! SubhanAllah.

These papers are reminders to myself that we create great problems for ourselves. The lawyers and the clients themselves. It is no wonder that California was termed as a "sue-happy" state--the number of lawyers in the state amount to somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 lawyer for every 200 citizens! SubhanAllah. We fight and fight! Some cases took years to resolve! And I still have a few old cases that are still lingering and I pray to Allah that they go away. Look at the paperwork generated for each case all these years--just a few of us lawyers are enough to destroy much of the Amazon rain forest and perhaps the cause of the global warming effect. Inna lillahi wainna ilayhi raji'un.

Allah says: "Is not Allah Sufficient for His slave?" Qur'an Az-Zumar 39:36

"And Allah is not unaware of what you do." Al-Baqarah 2:74

And Allah knows best.

May Allah give us tawfiq. Ameen. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

Wassalaam