Friday, June 25, 2010

A Wondrous Organ

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

I was sitting waiting in my dentist office the other day and my eye caught on a writing on the wall and I read it. I didn't see this before and I wanted to ask if it was new and if the dentist knew who said it but then I thought again and thought that I should not open my mouth and waste my speech for something which does not matter one way or the other.

I thought I share the thought with you.

"The mouth in its entirety is an important and even wondrous part of our anatomy, our emotion, our life. It is the site of our very beginning. When animal loses its teeth, it cannot survive unless it is domesticated. Its very existence is terminated. It dies. In human, the mouth is the means of speaking, of expressing love, happiness and joy, anger, ill temper, or sorrow. It is the primary sex contact; hence, it is of initial import to our regeneration and survival by food and propagation."

In a lot of sense it is true--and if we open our mouth it can lead to good and happiness or bad and complications. So before we open our mouths, think. If we have nothing good to say, keep silent. This is the teaching of our Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace.

May Allah guide us. Ameen. Please don't forget me in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam