Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Day Of Remembrance

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

When I am awaken in the morning, I thank Allah for giving me life after that short death, and giving me another opportunity to fulfill the purpose He created me and repent for my sins. True life is only His, everything outside of Him is death. He is the One who gives life, He is the One who gives death and to Him I shall return and be taken to task. He is Al-Muhyi, Al-Mumit, Al-Hakam, Al-Hasib, Al-Jami', Al-Awwal, Al-Akhir.

I seek Allah's protection from the filth of sins, externally and internally and protection of heart from slips and inmost soul from breaks. I ask Allah to hold my hand and make my tasks easy for me.

Knowing that Allah is Al-Malik, the King, and Malik al-Mulk, the Possessor of the dominion, makes it easy to go through my day. He has complete control of my destiny. He has already charted my life and my children's lives and there is no running away from it or changing it. He knows what's best for me and what's best for my children because He is the Creator.

He is the best Wakil. I rely on Him in everything and I put my trust in Him. And my day will be calm, by His Will. Allah is sufficient for me. He is Al-Aziz, Al-Hakim, Al-'Alim.

I am not alone. He is not absent. He is Al-Shahid, Al-Khabir, Al-Sami', Al-Baseer. He knows everything, sees everything, and hears everything. Not even a black ant under a black rock that moves in a dark pitch black night He does not see and hear. I am at ease knowing that Allah has these Attributes. I ask Him to give me knowledge of Him and make me learned of the realities of whom He loves. I turn to Him, not afraid of people, and conscious about using His gifts to do what He wants from me--listening, seeing, hearing, knowledge--striving to increase my knowledge of the world and knowledge of the workings of Him for His sake, calling others to Him gently and subtly, and drawing closer to Him. I surrender to His knowledge and destiny.

I ask Allah to give me the ability to show kindness to my family and other people, no matter how rough and tough they are to me and how bad they may appear to be, because Allah is loving and forgiving, and He conceals sins. He is Al-Tawwab, Al-Ghaafir, Al-Ghafur, Al-Ghaafar.

When things become difficult, I know that Al-Wadud shows His love through tests and not by giving me everything I like and everything I want. I ask for His love and I ask Him to help me take the traits of people who love Him.

Life is not without challenge. Sometimes I want to be angry, but I am reminded of Allah, Al-Halim, Al-Sabur. Being patient gives me control in situations where I have little or no control. I cannot control others and I cannot control what happens but I can control my reaction to my circumstances. It is important to remind myself always that I don't control all the variables in the world. Allah does. He is the Wise, the All-Knowing. I ask Al-Hadi, to guide us and give us tawfiq. I ask Allah to give me lots of sabr in doing what He wants and in avoiding what He doesn't want me to do.

Walking outside, I am bound to encounter unpleasant sight, smell and people who are unmindful of their manners. Knowing that Allah created everything, like in the words of a big imam, "Who are we to find this repulsive?" Whoever knows Allah is Al-Khaliq will look careful at the mastery of His creation and don't look down upon His creation. Through His creation, I can know Allah, I can see His mastery and I can see His attributes. If it were not of this world, I wouldn't know anything about the Lord.

Knowing that Allah is Al-Razzaq, it lifts me from worrying. The One who is responsible for our provisions will take care of us. He is Al-Wahhab, Al-Muqit, Al-Bari', Al-Musawwir.

Knowing that Allah is Al-Basit, the One who gives without limit, and only gives what is good for me, and the expander and the spreader, I ask Allah to increase me in all good and expand my knowledge of Him. If Allah restrains things from me, it is because He knows what is best for me, and everything that comes from Allah is good for me. I can show my gratitude to Him by spreading out in all pleasing matter and expanding myself to do everything good.

He is Al-Nafi', the One who brings benefit to His creatures. I ask Allah to give me the ability to thank Him for everything and to turn to Him for everything. I ask Him to make me means of giving to people and benefiting people. He is Al-Samad, the One who fulfills needs, and everything is in need for Him and He needs no one. I return to Him with vast desperate desires in all times and states and be a refuge for the needy to fulfill people's need.

Allah rewards people in huge degrees for such a small action that we did and for our little obedience for He is Al-Shakur. I ask Allah to help me show my gratitude to Him by praising Him a lot and using His blessings to serve Him and not using His blessings to disobey Him. I ask Allah to help me be humble before Him because no one pays back a good with more like He does. I ask Allah to help me to give back to people more than they give to me, repaying people's kindness and favors, think much of what people do for me, and talking about His blessings.

Everything around me is showing Allah's power and strength. He is Al-Aziz, Al-Jabbar, Al-Mutakabbir, Al-Qahhar, Al-Matin, Al-Qadir, Al-Muqtadir, Al-Hayy, Al-Qayyum, Al-Muntaqim, Al-Mani', Al-Daar. No one can outdo him. No one can escape His grasp. Allah is the Possessor of every might and every majesty. All that is happening is the will of God. I turn to him to help me in whatever He has chosen for me and surrendering to Him without complaining. I don't need to get back at anyone because Allah will take care of everything.

When I make du'a, He answers. I may not know it or I may not realize it but that is because of my shortsightedness, not because He didn't answer. If He doesn't answer to my du'a exactly, He has His wisdom for it, and I should not despair. I ask Allah to make me among those who hear and obey His commands.

"And When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:186)

Allah is the Wise, the All-Knowing. My limited human faculties are not able to comprehend the wisdom of the All-Wise behind what happens to me and to others, but knowing that He is in control and that I am a His slave, I submit to His Will, and this will enrich my humanity and enhance my obedience towards the Lord.

When my heart feels heavy with stress and sorrow, I remember Allah says:

وَقَالَ رَبُّڪُمُ ٱدۡعُونِىٓ أَسۡتَجِبۡ لَكُمۡۚ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ يَسۡتَكۡبِرُونَ عَنۡ عِبَادَتِى سَيَدۡخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ

"And your Lord says: 'Call on Me; I will answer your (prayer)..." (Quran Ghafir 40:60)

فَٱذۡكُرُونِىٓ أَذۡكُرۡكُمۡ وَٱشۡڪُرُواْ لِى وَلَا تَكۡفُرُونِ

"Remember Me, and I shall remember you; be grateful to Me, and deny Me not." (Quran Al-Baqarah 2:152).

I end my day by forgiving everyone and thanking Allah for everything, for laying all the good for me and my children, and for warding off evil from me and my children. I ask Allah to forgive me and my parents and have mercy on them, and to forgive all the Muslims from the living and the dead and have mercy on them. I ask Allah to bestow on us Mercy from Himself and dispose of our affairs for us in the right way, and for an excellent ending. To Allah we shall return.

All His actions are beautiful.


هُوَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ‌ۖ عَـٰلِمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبِ وَٱلشَّهَـٰدَةِ‌ۖ هُوَ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ (٢٢) هُوَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ٱلۡمَلِكُ ٱلۡقُدُّوسُ ٱلسَّلَـٰمُ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُ ٱلۡمُهَيۡمِنُ ٱلۡعَزِيزُ ٱلۡجَبَّارُ ٱلۡمُتَڪَبِّرُ‌ۚ سُبۡحَـٰنَ ٱللَّهِ عَمَّا يُشۡرِڪُونَ (٢٣) هُوَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلۡخَـٰلِقُ ٱلۡبَارِئُ ٱلۡمُصَوِّرُ‌ۖ لَهُ ٱلۡأَسۡمَآءُ ٱلۡحُسۡنَىٰ‌ۚ يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ ۥ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ‌ۖ وَهُوَ ٱلۡعَزِيزُ ٱلۡحَكِيمُ (٢٤

He is Allah, beside Whom Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the Al-'Alim (All-Knower) of the unseen and the seen. He is Al-Rahman (the Most Gracious), Al-Rahim (the Most Merciful.) He is Allâh beside Whom is Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) Al-Malik (the King), Al-Quddus (the Holy), Al-Salaam (the One Free from all defects), Al-Mu'min (the Giver of security), Al-Muhaymin (the Watcher over His creatures), Al-Aziz (the All-Mighty), Al-Jabbar (the Compeller), Al-Mutakabbir (the Supreme). Glory be to Allâh! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him. He is Allâh, Al-Khaliq (the Creator), Al-Baari' (the Inventor of all things), Al-Musawwir (the Bestower of forms). To Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the Al-Aziz (All-Mighty), Al-Hakim (the All-Wise).
(Qur'an Al-Hashr 59:21-24)

May Allah rain His mercy on the Ummah of the Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace. Ameen. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. JazakAllahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

2 comments:

  1. JAzakh Allah khairan for sharing this, read couple of times and my iman is alhumdililah more fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Allah increase you. Ameen. Wassalaam.

    ReplyDelete