Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Good companion

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I pray that you are well.

How do we make our children wake up for tahajjud (night vigil prayer)? This is how...

Maymunah (Allah be pleased with her), the last wife of the Prophet ﷺ, used to have her young nephew spent the nights in her home when the Prophet ﷺ was there. This young nephew was none other than Abdullah ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him), one of the greatest Companions and a great gift to the ummah of Rasullullah ﷺ.

Ibn Abbas said (in meaning, not exact words), "I spent the nights in the house of my aunt, Maymunah, the wife of the Prophet ﷺ. The Prophet ﷺ used to pray the night prayer (qiyamu lail) in the house of Maymunah. I saw the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) praying so I went and got on his left side and I began to pray with him and the Prophet ﷺ grabbed me and put me on his right." Ibn Abbas, in his later years, lost his eyesight and had lines on his face from crying at night. He learned this directly from the Prophet ﷺ in the home of his aunt when he was young.

The Prophet ﷺ said, "A man's religion is that of his intimate, so let each of you consider who to be intimate with." "A good companion is better than solitude and solitude is better than an evil companion."

Be vigilant as to make sure that our children are in the company of the best of people and they stay away from that of the worst.

May Allah protect our children and guide them and make them a source of our happiness in this world and the Hereafter. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment