Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Love is sweet

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalaamu alaykum

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

First I would like to thank those who asked about me--about what happened to me that they didn't find my email yesterday first thing in the morning. May Allah bless you. The email was delayed because my ideas were all over the place and I did not know which one to focus on. Alhamdulillah, your emails came right at a time when I needed it most. Jazakallahu khairan. I had received a nasty and vulgar email from someone who I used to be closed to, I believe this person was responding to yesterday's email. I was shaken by it but then I remembered the event when the Quraysh was torturing and trying to humiliate the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in front of the Ka'bah and Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) said to them, "Do you have to kill a man for asking you to believe in the One God?" That give me some perspective. And your emails give me a lot of encouragement. Jazakallahu khairan. This person has been in my emailist for a while for no other reason but for the love of Allah. Tell me friends, if I should keep or remove this person from my emailist.

This brings me to the subject of love again. Love is a sweet and beautiful feeling, undescribable. You experience some of this beauty and sweetness when you are in love with someone. Don't you wish it never go away? Increase your knowledge of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and you will experience the true sweetness of love that never go away, inshaAllah. Don't go a day without learning something about the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

When the Prophet's pulpit (peace and blessings be upon him) was made, he ascended the pulpit and began to give his sermon. A palm tree nearby his masjid cried. Previously, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would lean against this palm trunk when giving his sermon. The palm trunk yearned for him and cried so loud until people could not hear his sermon. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) descended from the pulpit, stroke it and hugged it and spoke to it--do you want to be a palm tree in this world until the Day of Resurrection or be a palm tree in Paradise with me. The palm tree chose to be with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in Paradise. SubhanAllah! If this is how much the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) cared about a piece of wood that long for him, imagine the treatment we would get from loving and yearning for him! If your love for him is not there or has not increased since my previous email below, do something about it. Our hearts shouldn't be harder than the palm trunk. I have heard this hadith before but this was narrated by a beloved learned teacher this way and it truly touches my heart this time. May Allah preserve and bless my teacher.

May Allah increase our love for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment