Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tickets To Paradise--Ticket #5 (Be pleased with Allah, Islam and His Messenger)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

The Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said:
“Whoever says ‘I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, Islam as my religion and Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) as my Prophet’ Paradise becomes compulsory for them." (Abu Dawud)


رَضيـتُ بِاللهِ رَبَّاً ، وَبِمُحَمَّـدٍ رَسـولاً وَبِالإِسْلامِ دينَـاً

radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bi-Muhammadin Rasoolan wa bil'islaami deenan

Allah Mighty and Majestic gives such tremendous reward and makes Paradise compulsory for a person in return for such small action which requires little effort. However, this does not mean that mere utterance of these words is sufficient. One must also act upon these words by worshiping Allah alone, being pleased with Allah as the Lord, striving to perform that which He orders and avoid that which He prohibits, and following the Sunnah of His Messenger sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam and taking his path and rejecting all other paths.

May Allah grant us Tawfiq. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

1 comment:

  1. My mother made me recite these words everyday. Now I know where the source is. Jazakallah.

    ReplyDelete