Monday, November 23, 2009

Attaining the love of Allah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalaamu alaykum

I pray that you are well.

Alhamdulillah we see more and more people who are hungry for sacred knowledge. They want to learn the Qur'an, they want to learn Arabic, they want to learn the deen. But one thing most are missing is dedication--how far would they go to acquire this knowledge. Unfortunately, not very far. You can see this at many halaqas at the various masajid. It is always the same few people who come regularly. Yet when you go to the masajid, you see many people who are not doing their sujud or standing right during prayer, talking during the Jumah khutbah, walking in front of you while you are praying, not cover their nakedness properly for prayer, etc. etc. When you go to the wudu' area you see people not doing their wudu' properly, have nail polish on their nails, etc, etc. This knowledge which are connected to one's daily affairs and much more is obligatory upon Muslim to learn, not simply be a copy cat, and to learn it from people with knowledge. The ultimate goal in this life is for Allah to love us and we have to earn that love. Only through knowledge we can know what it is that we need to do to earn that love.

Perhaps this will be an incentive. Allah Most High said, "My servant draws nearer to Me with nothing more pleasing to Me than what I have made obligatory upon him, and then continues to draw nearer to Me with supererogatory devotions until I love him, and when I love him I become his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks, so that by Me he hears, by Me he sees, by Me he strikes, and by Me he walks. Should he ask Me, I shall surely grant him his request, should he ask Me for protection I shall surely protect him. Never do I hesitate in anything as I hesitate in taking the soul of My believing servant; he dislikes death, and I dislike to displease him, but it is a thing inevitable."

May Allah guide us and give us tawfiq. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment