Thursday, November 5, 2009

Have you hugged your mother lately?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم


Have you hugged your mother lately?

A study by University of North Carolina researchers found that hugs increase the "bonding" hormone oxytocin and decrease the risk of heart disease. The importance of oxytocin and its potentially cardioprotective effects is greater for women. Allah knows best.

Nonetheless, Allah has commanded us to be kind to our parents.

If she is not close by, call her now, and say I LOVE YOU MOM! If you don't have a mom anymore, call her sister(s), inshaAllah you will make her(them) very happy and a great reward for you. If you don't have either one, hug the mother of your children more, if she is still your wife that is.

"Your Lord has decreed you shall not serve any but Him, and to be good to parents, whether one or both of them attains old age with thee; say not to them 'Fie' neither chide them, but speak unto them words respectful, and lower to them the wing of humbleness out of mercy and say; 'My Lord, have mercy upon them, as they raised me up when I was little.'" Qur'an Al-Israa 17:23

"And We have charged man concerning his parents -- his mother bore him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning was in two years -- 'Be thankful to Me, and to your parents; to Me is the homecoming." Qur'an Luqman 31:14

"We have charged man, that he be kind to his parents; his mother bore him painfully, and painfully she gave birth to him; his bearing and his weaning are thirty months. Until, when he is fully grown, and reaches forty years, he says, 'O my Lord, dispose me that I may be thankful for Your blessing wherewith You have blessed me and my father and mother, and that I may do righteousness well-pleasing to Thee; and make me righteous also in my seed. Behold, I repent to You, and am among those that surrender.' Qur'an Al-Ahqaf 46:15

Our Lord, forgive me and my parents, and the believers, upon the day when the reckoning shall come to pass.


P.S. Don't leave out your dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment