Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feed the poor

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalaamu alaykum

I pray that you are well.

While we are preparing for Eid and to sacrifice an animal and feed ourselves and the poor around us, please do not forget the poor around the world. For most of us, an extra animal won't be a big burden. Send the money to the third world countries so the poor there can taste once a year what we take for granted almost everyday. Your heart will not be able to bear to see children and women picking through garbage for food! I saw this almost everyday during my recent stay in one of these third world countries.

"As for man, whenever his Lord tries him, and honors him, and blesses him, then he says, 'My Lord has honored me.'
But when he tries him and stints for him his provision, then he says, 'My Lord has despised me.'
No indeed; but you honor not the orphan,
and you urge not the feeding of the needy,
and you devour the inheritance greedily,
and you love wealth with an ardent love
No indeed! When the earth is ground to powder,
and thy Lord comes, and the angels rank on rank,
and Hell, that Day, is brought (face to face),- on that Day will man remember, but how will that remembrance profit him?" (Qur'an Al-Fajr 89:18-23)


May Allah accept your good deeds throughout this blessed days of Dhulhijjah.

No comments:

Post a Comment