Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Path Of Knowledge

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

The terror of the Day of Judgment is beyond the scope of our limited human experience. But, Alhamdulillah, my children and I had a small glimpse of it yesterday. The place was crowded with people. The noise was unbelievable. You see some people crying and moaning, some people kept knocking at doors, some screaming and yelling, some moving fast, some pushing and impatient--children and adults alike. The place was hot! My children and I were sweating profusely. One of my children was complaining about BO (and I asked him what is BO-it stands for Body Odor. So I learned a new acronym, alhamdulillah).

I remembered 'Arafah. All I could do while waiting for my children was asking Allah to relieve those people and ease our journey. Indeed, the path of knowledge is not easy, otherwise everybody will do it, this is only the beginning, but the reward is eternal bliss by mercy of Allah--I reminded my children. Afterward, we stopped by a perfume store and I bought my sons some nice musk and they said they wanted to carry sticks following the Prophet's sunnah (Allah bless him and grant him peace), and I bought that too.

He whose good deeds are heavy on the scale pan has eternal bliss. He whose good deeds are light in the scale pan will fall into Hell's deadly embrace.

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

ٱلۡقَارِعَةُ (١) مَا ٱلۡقَارِعَةُ (٢) وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا ٱلۡقَارِعَةُ (٣) يَوۡمَ يَكُونُ ٱلنَّاسُ ڪَٱلۡفَرَاشِ ٱلۡمَبۡثُوثِ (٤) وَتَكُونُ ٱلۡجِبَالُ ڪَٱلۡعِهۡنِ ٱلۡمَنفُوشِ (٥) فَأَمَّا مَن ثَقُلَتۡ مَوَٲزِينُهُ ۥ (٦) فَهُوَ فِى عِيشَةٍ۬ رَّاضِيَةٍ۬ (٧) وَأَمَّا مَنۡ خَفَّتۡ مَوَٲزِينُهُ ۥ (٨) فَأُمُّهُ ۥ هَاوِيَةٌ۬ (٩) وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا هِيَهۡ (١٠) نَارٌ حَامِيَةُۢ (١١)

The Clatterer!
What is the Clatterer?
And what shall teach thee what is the Clatterer?
The day that men shall be like scattered moths,
and the mountains shall be like plucked wool-tufts.
Then he whose deeds weigh heavy in the Balance
shall inherit a pleasing life,
but he whose deeds weigh light in the Balance
shall plunge in the womb of the Pit.
And what shall teach thee what is the Pit?
A blazing Fire!
Qur'an Al-Qari'ah (The Catastrophe) 101:1-11

May Allah bless our lives in this world and the next and save us from the pits of Hell. Ameen. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. JazakAllahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalaam