Friday, August 6, 2010

Poeple You Never Forget

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are all in high spirits of iman.

I had the opportunity to attend a few of Shaykh Ibrahim Dremali's lectures when we first moved to Southern California, the first one was on the Day of Judgment--Trip to the Hereafter. The knowledge he imparted in his unique style had a very lasting impact on me and my young children who are now teenagers. MashaAllah. When I told my children today if they remember the Shaykh who told them about the Day of Judgment--they quickly say yes. When I told them he is ill, they made du'a for him. MashaAllah.

SubhanAllah, a few weeks ago, Shaykh Ibrahim came to my mind. I remembered his cupping session during his visit at al-Ribat, San Diego, a few years ago. This was my first introduction to this Prophetic medicine. Allah bless the Prophet and grant him peace. Upon my return to Egypt, for some reason I had this desire to have the hijama (never done this before). A few days later I was visited by a group of students from al-Azhar University and I asked them if they know anyone who could perform cupping and subhanAllah, she was sitting in front of me, and I had one done on me soon thereafter!

It was reported that the Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: "Whoever revives a Sunnah from my Sunnah and the people practice it will have the same reward of those that practice it without their reward diminishing…"

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah, Allah be pleased with him, who said that the Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:

O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me. (It was related by Muslim.)

If you visit the Shaykh, please convey my and my children's salaams to the Shaykh. I don't think he remembers us but we remember him. We cannot visit him personally but inshaAllah he will always be in our du'as.

May Allah grant Shaykh Ibrahim shifa quickly and forgive him all his sins. May Allah preserve him for all of us. Ameen.

And Allah knows best.

wassalaam