Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dealing With Pain and Hardships

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

A wonderful way and among the greatest means of dealing with the pain and hardships is invocating blessings and peace upon the Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam.

The Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, himself clarified for us how in a tradition narrated by Ubai bin Ka’ab (may Allah be pleased with him), who said;
‘I said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, I supplicate often, so how much of my supplication should I devote to you?’ He replied, ‘as you desire’. I said, ‘a quarter of it?’ He said ‘as you desire, but if you were to increase upon this, it would be better for you.’ I said, ‘half of it?’ He said, ‘as you desire, but if you were to increase upon this, it would be better for you.’ I said, ‘two-thirds of it?’ He said again, ‘as you desire, but if you were to increase upon this, it would be better for you.’ Finally I said, ‘and if I dedicate my supplication in its entirety to you?’ He said, ‘then your needs will be satisfied, and your sins forgiven.’
[Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Hakim]

Allah Almighty says,
إِنَّ اللَّـهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا ﴿٥٦

Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] peace. (56)
[Qur'an Al-Ahzab 33:56]

There is also healing and guidance in reading the Qur'an and seeking sacred knowledge.

اللّهُمّ صَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّدٍ

Allahumma salli `ala Muhammad wa ali Muhammad

O Allah: (please do) bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad

May Allah help those who are suffering and grant them patience. Ameen.

Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment