Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's A Bigger Deal When Allah Mentions and Remembers You

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

When you meet someone important you mention the person a lot. When you meet a great scholar, you talk about him all the time. But they don't mention you because they are too important or too busy to mention you.

Who could be more important and busier other than Allah? When you make mention of Allah, He will make mention of you and when you remember Allah, He will remember you.

The Prophet sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam said that Allah the Most High said,
I am as my servant expects Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers me. If he thinks of Me, I think of him. If he mentions Me in company, I mention him in an even better company. When he comes closer to Me by a handspan, I come closer to him an arm's length. If he draws closer to Me by an arm's length, I draw closer by a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him. If my servant comes to Me walking, I go to him running.
(Al-Bukhari)

Streaming out of these words is a sense of the love Allah has for His servants and the special relationship they can have with Him. How inspiring it is that you can remember Allah at any moment and immediately have a connection with Him, because He will remember you in that same instant. If you mention His name in a gathering, He will mention you by name in the company of the angels.

Allah Almighty says,
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّـهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيرًا ﴿٤١﴾ وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا ﴿٤٢

O you who have believed, remember Allah with much remembrance (41) And exalt Him morning and afternoon. (42)
[Qur'an, Al-Ahzab 33:41-42]

فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلَا تَكْفُرُونِ ﴿١٥٢

So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me. (152)
[Qur'an, Al-Baqarah 2:152]

Now that He remembers you, won't you be grateful to Him?

Remember Allah a lot this Ramadhan. It's a bigger deal when Allah mentions you and remembers you.

May Allah make us of those who remember Him a lot and make us among His thankful servants. Ameen.

Please don't forget us in your prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment