Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hold fast to the rope of Allah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

I pray that you are well.

When I was at an airline counter the other day wanting to inquire about our connecting flight, the airline representative ignored me for quite sometime. At first I thought she was busy but after a while I realized that she wasn't going to serve me. Finally, I said, "Excuse me, are you very busy, I just have a quick question!" She looked at me and asked me what I want. So I asked her my question--if we had to go through security again for our connecting flight. Apparently there were people watching what was going on which caught my attention. So I said to them, "If I were to wear something like yours they won't ignore me." And they smiled nodding!

This story is not for entertainment. The point here is that we have to change this. But we can't change this if we are not united. What will unite us as Muslims comes from dedicating ourselves to Allah. People need to make a real change in their own lives inwardly and outwardly--start praying, fasting, giving charity, being honest, helping people, praying at night, praying at the masjid, etc. We need to set a good example to our children and show our dedication to Allah for them to carry it to the next generation. If we start taking care of this today, there will be successful tomorrow for us inshaAllah. We will have the upper hand and people will look up to us and want to follow us. Otherwise, we will see worse things happening to us.

"O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except as Muslims. Hold fast to the rope of Allah all together, and do not separate. Remember Allah’s blessing to you when you were enemies and He joined your hearts together so that you became brothers by His blessing. You were on the very brink of a pit of the Fire and He rescued you from it. In this way Allah makes His Signs clear to you, so that hopefully you will be guided. Let there be a community among you who call to the good, and enjoin the right, and forbid the wrong. They are the ones who have success. Qur'an AleImran 3:102-105

May Allah give us tawfiq. Ameen. Please keep us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

Wassalaam