Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That Day is no joke!

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

Not only we must not forget the Day when we will be gathered barefooted, naked and uncircumcised, we must have a plan to win in the Day of Judgment. Always be prepared and ready and always ask Allah to give us steadfastness.

Narrated Aisha, Allah be well pleased with her, The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The people will be gathered barefooted,naked, and uncircumcised." I said, "O Allah's Messenger! Will the men and the women look at each other?" He said, "The situation will be too hard for them to pay attention to that."

Narrated Ibn Abbas, Allah be well pleased with him: The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "You will be gathered (on the Day of Judgment), bare−footed, naked and not circumcised." He then recited:−−"On the day when We shall roll up heaven as a scroll is rolled for the writings; as We originated the first creation, so We shall bring it back again -- a promise binding on Us; so We shall do.' (Al-Anbiya 21:104) He added, "The first to be dressed on the Day of Resurrection, will be Ibrahim, and some of my companions will be taken towards the left side (i.e. to the (Hell) Fire), and I will say: 'My companions! My companions!' It will be said: 'They renegade from Islam after you left them.' Then I will say as the Pious slave of Allah (i.e. Jesus) said. 'And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them. When You took me up You were the Watcher over them, And You are a witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your slaves and if You forgive them, verily you, only You are the All−Mighty, the All−Wise." (5.120−121)

Narrated Umm Salama, Allah be well pleased with her: One night the Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, got up and said, "Subhan Allah! How many afflictions have been descended tonight and how many treasures have been disclosed! Go and wake the sleeping lady occupants of these dwellings (his wives) up (for prayers). A well−dressed (soul) in this world may be naked in the Hereafter."

When you look at your child today, ask yourself, "What have I done to bring my child closer to his/her Lord?" It is not easy to raise our kids to be righteous Muslims but we have to do it. Like what my sons always reminded me when I complained about them and they were reminding me of patience, "Mom, it is easy to feed us but it is not easy to raise us!" I said, "It is good that you realize that--so don't give your Mom a hard time, help her, make it easy for her! That Day is no joke!"

It is our responsibility to raise our children so they know and worship their Lord and and it is their rights that we raise them so they know and worship their Lord. If we don't do this, we have disobeyed Allah big time.

Remember all of our struggles combined pale in comparison to what the early Muslims had gone through to bring Islam to our lives. The key to success is patience. When you have patience, Allah will be with you and when Allah is with you, you will win.

May Allah grant us tawfiq and steadfastness. Ameen. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

Wassalaam