Thursday, April 8, 2010

He is watching you

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

I pray that you are well.

While I was engrossed with reading the Tafsir ibn Kathir of Surah Al-A'raf while waiting for my sons to finish their high school credit class at one of the community colleges, one of my old favorite songs started playing in the background of the place where I was sitting. SubhanAllah! It was as if to comfort my soul "Don't worry, He is there." Allah, the Seer of All, the Watchful One is there.

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Allah is watching you ...

"Surely your Lord is God, who created the heavens and the earth in six days -- then sat Himself upon the Throne, covering the day with the night it pursues urgently -- and the sun, and the moon, and the stars subservient, by His command. Verily, His are the creation and the command. Blessed be God, the Lord of all Being. Call on your Lord, humbly and secretly; He loves not transgressors. Do not corruption in the land, after it has been set, right; and call on Him fearfully, eagerly -- surely the mercy of God is nigh to the good-doers.." Qur'an Al-A'raf 7:54-56

"Verily I am God; there is no god but I; therefore serve Me, and perform the prayer of My remembrance. The Hour is coming; I would conceal it that every soul may be recompensed for its labors. Let none bar you from it, that believes not in it but follows after his own caprice, or you will perish." Qur'an Taha 20:14-16

May Allah not leave us alone even for a blink of an eye. Ameen. Please don't forget me in your night prayers. Ameen.

Wassalaam