Saturday, January 16, 2010

Paradise Is Under The Feet Of Your Mother

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate

Assalaamu alaykum

I pray that you are well.

Yes, I miss my mother! How could I not miss my great teacher and my confidante. She taught me many things--especially how to be a woman. Her wisdom helped me through many difficult times. She once told me that a woman's place is at home and a good mother is an educated one. And how true her words were! No one can replace her--my mother and my friend. When I miss her unbearably, I called her sister, my only aunt--she is almost like my mother. Sometimes I wish my mother is still alive so I can smell her, so I can share my life and my children with her.

So do more for your mother and don't take her for granted while she is still alive. Visit her, hug her and call her often. Show love to your mother because she is the one who love you the most. No one can ever match her love and sacrifices for you. How would she not be the one? You were once a part of her body. For nine months she bore the difficulties of carrying you around. She was excited when you were kicking her in the belly. She can't wait to see you while her life was hanging by the thread going through the pangs of labor and delivery of you. She didn't mind at all the tremendous discomfort of nursing you for many more months--for many mothers suckling her baby wasn't a pleasure trip. She went through many sleepless nights taking care of you and much anxieties worrying about you. She held your hand until you are now able to stand on your own two feet. Nothing you do will ever repay her favors and sacrifices. She deserves your life. If you don't have a good relationship with your mother, it's time to bury the hatchet and love her dearly. Don't forget, your Paradise is under her feet.

I remember after my father died, I rushed to my grandmother and asked her to forgive my father for anything he might have done that hurt her and she said, "Your father has done nothing wrong to me and no mother will ever wish for her son not to enter Paradise." You see, a mother want no harm for her child and only want the best for her children. So don't mind your mother when she is upset, angry, frustrated or didn't quite say the right words--it is just her emotions or ignorance but all her heart is filled with nothing but good for you. Be extremely patient with your mom and just hug your mom. Allah will bless your life for the love you showed to your mom, inshaAllah.

And We have charged man concerning his parents -- his mother bore him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning was in two years -- 'Be thankful to Me, and to thy parents; to Me is the homecoming. Qur'an Luqman 31:14

May Allah forgive our parents and rain His mercy on them and us and all the Muslims.

O Allah, help us be dutiful and excellent to our parents and shower us with Your Mercy, for You are the Most Merciful of those who show mercy. O Allah, have mercy on our parents and all our believing ancestors, pardon them and and forgive them, for You are the Pardoner, the Most Forgiving.

Ameen.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi wasallam.

And Allah knows best and is Most Wise, and He alone grants success, and to Him is the final return of all.

Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment