Friday, August 12, 2011

Tickets To Paradise--Ticket #16 (Praying 2 Units After Ablution)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
Assalaamu alaykum

Dear Friends

I pray that you are well.

Abu Hurayrah, radi Allahu anhu, reported the Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa salaam, said,
At the time of the Fajr prayer the Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa salaam, asked Bilal, "Tell me of the best deed you did after embracing Islam, for I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise." Bilal replied, "I did not do anything worth mentioning except that whenever I performed ablution during the day or night, I prayed after that ablution as much as was written for me.
(Sahih Muslim)


In another narration, it was reported that the Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, called upon Bilal, radi Allahu anhu, and said,
"What did you do to deserve entering Paradise? For I have heard the rustling of your garment in front of me in Paradise.” He replied, “O Messenger of Allah! I have never called the Adhan except that I have prayed two units of prayer after it, and no impurity has ever happened to me except that I have made ablution after it.” Rasulullah, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, then said, “It is because of them.”
(Ibn Khuzaimah ~ Hadith Sahih)

What Bilal, radi Allahu anhu, used to do is not that difficult to do. We should practice them--maintain wudu'; praying 2 units after wudu'; praying 2 units after adhan. Wudu' is one of the protective shields against shaytan who is ever looking for an opportunity to snatch our iman (faith). Likewise, sunnah prayer protects our iman.

The greatest gift in our life is the gift of iman for the one who dies without iman will not enter Paradise. So, we must guard this gift with everything we know and everything we have.

May Allah give us tawfiq. Ameen. Please don't forget us in your night prayers. Jazakallahu khairan.

related archive:

The Most Precious

Protect Your Most Precious Thing (Iman)

Our Protective Shield

And Allah knows best.
Wassalaam

No comments:

Post a Comment